Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wedding Bliss!

We’re married!!

I can’t believe the day has come and gone. All that planning, stress, and worry just for a few hours! Was it worth it? I believe it was. I will say that I thought our wedding was beautiful! I LOVED the chapel. It was intimate and beautiful. As happy as I am that we had a wedding I will still say I would have been just as happy without. I think a lot of people get “lost” in all the wedding madness. It’s not about the decorations, the bouquets, or the dresses…it’s about celebrating love. That sounds so corny huh? I think it’s true. I don’t think I got lost in all the “stuff” like a lot of women. My centerpieces and décor was very simple. That’s what I wanted…simple. I wanted to focus on why we were there. Matt and I wanted to be married!!! That’s the bottom line. If we had not been blessed to have a ceremony I would have been just as happy to have eloped. Regardless of how we were married…we just wanted to get there.

The actual wedding rehearsal went great! Everyone was on time and it was smooth. I think this is when I almost lost my composure! During the rehearsal Matt and I had to rehearse our vows. Everything hit me and I think it was then that I was really going to marry him! Ok I always knew I was going to marry him…but ya know this is when I realized that it was only a day away! While we were rehearsing the vows I had some tears fall but I held it together pretty well! The kids had a great time and we got some really great photos!

The rehearsal dinner went really well. We had our friends and family with us. We ate some yummy Mexican food and had some great conversation. I did have one breakdown at the rehearsal dinner. Luckily Andi and Donna (my “new” Mom) were there for my rescue. Andi hugged me until I could compose myself. That meant so much to me. I think I became really overwhelmed because I had everyone there except well…my Mom. Of course that had been on my mind throughout this entire process and there we were at dinner. I had an emotional moment that got the best of me…but hey I think we’re allowed to have those!!

The wedding day went really smooth as well. I had two of my Aunts there to help me! They really helped! They took the essentials for me such as my wedding dress, Madison’s dress, the wedding rings, marriage license, and jewelry. That helped me so much since I didn’t have to worry about hanging on to that stuff all day. During the day I hung out with most of the girls! It was great! I was really calm that day…not sure why. We went to get our hair done and from there…time flew by!
When we got to the chapel we all were settled in and took a quick peek at the chapel. It brought me to tears…it was beautiful! I couldn’t believe how such a small, intimate chapel could be transformed into what it had been. I also snuck over the reception hall. It took my breath away! I couldn’t believe how the staff had transformed that room as well. It was AMAZING! My colors had come together so well.
We all put our dresses on and had a few laughs. I really feel like most of this is a blur. I do remember that somehow a black mark got on my dress!!! I almost freaked out but I relaxed and let my Aunt Carol take care of it. She did a great job because nobody could tell that there was a mark! She pinned it to hide the spot!

When it was time to walk down the aisle…I was completely overwhelmed. I saw people in the crowd that I had not seen in years such as my Mom’s old friends, old family friends and friends I couldn’t imagine living without. At the end of the aisle I saw my husband! He looked so handsome! I had to fight back the tears as I made it down the aisle. I had to stay focused because I thought if I cried I wouldn’t be able to stop. The ceremony was a blur as well. It went by so fast and I was in the zone! Before I knew it we were being introduced as Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Phelps and off we went to wait for pictures!!

The reception was wonderful! We had so many people that we loved there and were blessed to share our special day with them. I feel like we didn’t have enough time that night to spend with everyone like we had wanted. I think that’s how everyone feels though. Time just flies and before you know it your being pushed out the door!
We left in a limo with bubbles surrounding us! It was so fun! We stayed at the Marriot in Plano for our wedding night! It was a beautiful hotel in a beautiful area.

I’ll have to say nothing major went wrong. We didn’t forget the rings, cakes didn’t fall, nobody was late from the bridal party, and well everyone got along throughout this process.
I am so happy that we are finally married! I look at my ring everyday and just get butterflies because I am so happy! I hope this feeling lasts forever! I hear that it does!

The day after the wedding Matt and I brought the flower arrangements from the wedding to my Mom. We placed them by her headstone so that she could have something from the wedding. I saved a piece of the dress that my Aunts had to cut. I plan on taking that out to her as well. Although I couldn’t see her I know that she was there for every moment of it. The forecast predicted rain for the entire wedding weekend. Although it did rain a lot on Friday…Saturday was perfect! I’m not sure what strings my Mom had to pull but I know that was her doing! I think she knew that I would have been torn to pieces if the rain messed up my hair, lol! Either way my Mom knew that she was an important part of that day and that I love her very much!

So far married life has been great! I love being married and it’s everything that I thought it would be! I know life isn’t perfect and things will come up or happen. I am prepared for that and know that Matt and I will be able to make it through anything. We have a strong relationship that will be tested as anyone else’s is through time but I am confident that we will withstand time.

Well I started this blog about a week ago but with school starting and everything else going on I’ve been a slacker! I started my first summer semester this week. It ends the second week in July and my second summer semester starts in the second week of July! I’ll have a busy summer but I’m up for the challenge. This is my first experience with summer school so it’s been interesting so far! I didn’t realize it would be so much reading…but I’ll get it done!

My goal is to finish nursing school in two years so I push myself. I want to have a reliable career that I love and that will benefit my family. I want Madison and Connor to have everything I had growing up. My Mom didn’t have a lot of money but somehow I always had everything I dreamed of. Once I finish school Matt and I may expand our little family! Don’t hold us to that….but we are considering it! I don’t want to even talk about it until I’m done with school. Nursing school is hard enough…adding an extra little one to the mix will just make it that much harder!

Well enough of my rambling. I need to get to bed and get ready for the weekend. We have the kids this weekend and have so much going on! We’re going to tackle some cupcakes. Last weekend we made ants at a picnic and this weekend we are talking about the pug cupcakes. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment