Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pending…not in my vocabulary

Well we’re looking at about a week until the big day! I’ve survived this far and think I’m in for the haul now :) everyone say’s that time will just fly from here...

I think this entire process would have been much easier if the word “pending” would have never been invented. Pending does not work for me. Pending is my enemy! Through this vigorous process I have learned that I am the biggest control freak. Who would have thought? 5 years ago I was the opposite of a control freak. I had no idea what I was doing from one day to the next and now…..ask me what we’re doing three Saturday’s from now and I’ll tell you, “ Let me look at our calendar what I’ll let you know.” So as I was saying…I think that’s one of the reasons why I am having such a hard time with all this wedding stuff! First of all…I’m not a girly girl. I love football, I don’t really wear skirts of dresses, I LOVE sneakers, I believe dressing up is over-rated, and well I don’t mind getting my hands dirty. Second of all if I’m doing something that is out of my element I’m a super perfectionist. I have a certain way I want things and am super particular about it. Last but not least…I don’t do PENDING!! When I have an idea or want something done I feel like I need to do it right then. As you know not everything can be done immediately. Not when you are waiting on vendors, waiting for orders to come in or just waiting for something to be delivered.

Sigh, now that we’re almost to the finish line I feel like I can breathe a little more! Now pretty much everything has gone from pending status to complete. THAT makes me happy!
I had a wonderful wedding shower! Matt and I were showered with the love of our friends and family. We couldn’t have asked for more!

We both had our bachelor/bachelorette parties. We both had a great time even though I think the girls had more fun!!

Now we’re approaching the rehearsal dinner. Can you believe it? I can’t! I know the rehearsal will be wonderful!

Madison has been calling this week telling us how excited she is. I love those phone calls! She is ready for us to pick her up this weekend so we can shop until we drop for her rehearsal dinner outfit. I think I may have found her little dress at Macy’s…but we’ll see!

Ok enough of my babbling I need to carry on here at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment