Friday, June 18, 2010

Best Friends & Memories

Well school is officially kicking my butt!! These summer classes are no joke…what happened to summer classes being a breeze? Geez….I’m just waiting for these classes to end. I’m definitely not as sharp as a used to be…that’s for sure! I can’t wait to get into my nursing classes. Can’t wait!
It’s so funny…I was driving to work this morning and listening to old songs that I loved when I was a teenager. I happened to come across NSYNC who I just KNEW would be around forever. Well little did my teenager self know a few years later they would break up and only Justin Timberlake would come out on top. I mean think about it….
Joey Fatone…Small acting parts but nothing to talk about
Chris Kirkpatrick (the one I was going to marry)…have no idea
Lance Bass…he came out of the closet but that’s about it, what happened to him going to space???
JC Chasez…..I will say I own his solo album it may just be one of the very few that were actually purchased….and he’s a judge on America’s Top Dance Crew or whatever that shows called
Justin Timberlake…need I say more??
Oh how awkward the teens years were. They were so fun! Looking back..my best friend Melinda (Mel Jo) and were a little delayed. When I say that I mean we matured a little slower than the other girls. I am THANKFUL we did. We were able to enjoy our childhood to the fullest! I remember when we were old enough to drive we would drive just to drive so we could listen to our CDS! We thought we were so cool too. Those were the days!
I think it’s so crazy where we are today. Mel Jo and I have known each other since we were five! I can’t remember life without her. Strange huh? Well not strange to me. I grew up with her parents and she grew up with mine. We spent so much time together and got along so well. Mel Jo is so passive and I think when we were younger I was more of the bossy one….but it worked! We spent every waking moment together growing up. The strange thing is…we never went to elementary school, middle school or high school together. Weird huh? When she would go to her Dad’s house she would come over or I would go over there. When we were old enough to drive we would drive to each other’s house. Once we got to high school we would go straight to each other’s house after school without even asking the other if they cared! Ha, we didn’t have to! We have so many inside jokes that nobody would understand or think was funny. Of course we can say them to this day and just crack up like crazy! I feel like high school was just a few years ago…it’s more than 6 years ago now! Ah!!
I could almost say that we’ve grown apart some but I’m not sure that we really have. We both live different lives right now. We’re in different places and have been for a while. I’m married with a family so my time is very limited. Life changes with a husband and kids! I have changed a lot in the last five years. I’ve grown up a lot and am totally the person I was meant to be. I love my life and wouldn’t trade it for the world. I am so grateful I have those memories of Melinda, Melody and I living together in our bachelorette pad! The place was such a mess but it was our fun mess! We had so much fun…doing nothing! So many nights were just spent hanging out, talking and going to 7-11! I remember the lady who worked the late night shift knew us and talked to us like she was our friend! We did the silliest things! I remember when I got the great idea to go fishing in the pond behind our apartments. Of course I ended up having to bait the hooks, take the fish off the line and bait the hook again…those girls were not touching anything! I remember being the “Mom” and calling to check on them if they didn’t come home on time. They acted like it was a pain but I think they secretly liked it! We had so much fun and have so many pictures/memories from those times! I will cherish them forever!

I guess the point to this blog is..

Although I am busy making new memories with my husband and our kids…they will never replace all the great times I had with my best friends. The three of us are all at different places in our lives. Some of us settled…at the crossroads or wherever but the bottom line is whenever one of us gets lost the other is there to lead the way. I am so blessed to have friends that know me…the real me! They have been there through the really hard times for me and stood by me throughout changes in my life. I’m looking forward to making these memories with my family as well as my friends. I know we don’t get to see each other nearly as often as we used to but when we do….I cherish every moment of it. I hope my best friends know that!
Well it’s going to be a long weekend of homework, fun and celebrating!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment